- Audition Technique and Career Development
- Banff Center of Fine Arts
- Actor’s Foundry
- Screen Actor’s Studio
Joanne has appeared on stage at the Citadel Theatre, Chemainus Theatre Festival, Workshop West, and Chinook Theatre, among others, in productions ranging from Shakespeare to Moliere, to new Canadian dramas and comedies.
Some of her recent film and TV credits include the lead in the feature Cascadia (2010), as well as roles in the feature films.
Joanne has also worked as a television reporter, a radio host for some of Canada’s top stations, and hosted several long-running nationally syndicated radio programs. Joanne is also a successful voice-over artist, having been heard on hundreds of radio and TV commercials, as well as documentaries, animations and more.
Joanne has studied at the Banff Center of Fine Arts, the Actor’s Foundry, and at the Screen Actor’s Studio, where she has been on faculty since 2009.
- She Made Them Do It (TV movie) – Betty
- Kill for Me (2013) – News Anchor
- Arrow (2012, TV series) – Reporter #1
- Honor Thy Father (2012) – Reporter #1
- Locked in a Garage Band (2012) – Scott’s Mom
- TRON: Legacy (2010) – Reporter #1
- Cascadia (2010) – Cassie Moore
- Stranger with My Face (2009, TV movie) – Ellie Abbot
- Whispers and Lies (2008, TV movie) – Farm Wife
- The L Word (2008, TV series) – Megan Swisher
- Lights! Camera! Action! (2008) – Megan Swisher
- LGB Tease (2008) – Megan Swisher
- Crossroads: A Story of Forgiveness (2007, TV movie) – Wanda Rollins, TV reporter
- The Mermaid Chair (2006, TV movie) – Woman Patient
- Trophy Wife (2006, TV movie) – Deborah Winters
- Runaway Production (2006, short) – Alexa Zsulanz
- Augusta, Gone (2006, TV movie) – Dr. Grey
- Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of ‘Charlie’s Angels’ (2004, TV movie) – Casting Director
- The Survivors Club (2004, TV movie) – Reporter #1
- Croon (2002, TV movie) – Mrs. Brezinski
- The Kidnapping of Baby John Doe (1987, TV movie) – Receptionist
“Working with Joanne was a safe and comfortable experience for me. I felt energized by her positive nature and focus, while being able to play and take the risks that I needed to. Since working with Joanne I have booked numerous commercials, my first TV appearance, and am currently performing on stage. I know that my success is due in part to Joanne’s encouragement, honesty, and work ethic.”
Tonya Albers – Actor, Vancouver
“I’m very pleased to say I have had the pleasure of working with Joanne Wilson on several occasions and have found her professionalism both admirable and inspiring. In short: I have learned from Joanne. Besides simply watching her prepare and perform, I have also sought her out for guidance. Recently Joanne coached me prior to an important audition I had coming up and, through her direction, I left feeling far more confident and secure in the interpretation of my character. I would recommend Joanne Wilson to anyone who seriously wishes to pursue acting, both on stage or in film.”
Barry Bowman – Victoria, B.C